Android computer interface via usb

Last Updated: 2010-11-30 02:17:34
  1. SlicedBread

SlicedBread New Member

I would pay to have functionality similar to a remote desktop for the android os. What i have in mind is being able to connecting my phone by usb to my computer and firing up some application so that i can work on my phone using my monitor, mouse and keyboard. This would be great not just for at home but also for school or on the job. The point is to use my phone more like a computer that i take with me everywhere like a simple laptop. Imagine keeping all of your presentations, word documents games and other apps and being able to work in the same environment on any laptop or desktop you plugin to. In this way it could become much more than just a personal device. I am doubtful as to whether this can be done by a third party.

If you think you would have use for interfacing your android phone as you would a computer then voice your support for this idea. You could also go over to the following address and add more stars by voting.

Issue 12732 - android - Android Remote desktop - Project Hosting on Google Code

Advertisement
  2. GingerEffect

GingerEffect Active Member

Hey,

I found the following project while I was searching around the other day, I have no idea if it works, the quality of it, or anything like that but check it out.

androidscreencast - Project Hosting on Google Code

As a side note if you're feeling super adventurous, daring, and super nerdy you can install ubuntu on your android phone. Then it really is a portable computer you can carry around everywhere.
  3. jae_63

jae_63 Well-Known Member

Also look at Android VNC Server.