• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Contact app problems

Aqua225

Lurker
Sep 3, 2010
I recently got a Droid 2, and have been liking it, till today, when I had to manually enter a contact on the phone. I have the latest OTA upgrade.

I found two problems:

(1) Once the Name field goes beyond a certain length, Contacts just edits one entry. I did not attempt a bunch of edits to figure out where the field length trigger for this occurs. However it occurred with two different contacts I wanted to enter, "Capital Ear Nose & Throat Wake Forest" & "Capital Ear Nose & Throat Raleigh". I could start a new contact, but one would just overwrite the other when I clicked save (including the name).

(2) When you task switch with the home button to the browser with a new contact opened, with information in it, and you then switch back to the Contacts app, your new entry is gone!

I won't compare it to other phones, but I am looking a solution or a confirmation this problem has existed forever, and google doesn't plan to fix it.

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones