Android contacts organization really confuses me.Support

Last Updated:

1. spooksmcgee

spooksmcgee Member This Topic's Starter

I have set up my Google account, which had 72 "my contacts." I see that the Droid X organizes contacts multiple ways, and has "recent contacts," "all contacts," "phone contacts," etc. Whatever, I can see how that is useful. What I am most concerned about are "phone contacts." Since I didn't use Verizon backup, I assumed my phone would simply sync with my google account and import all 72 "my contacts" to my "phone contacts."
    This works when I look at my "phone contacts," however when I look at "Google Contacts" it has a bunch of other random people in there, and it appears that what it has done is pulled people from the "all contacts" list in Google, which I guess is every single person who has ever sent me an email since it is over 400, and matched those up with anyone I am also facebook friends with or something. Because my "google contacts" on my phone doesn't list all 400, it just lists about 50 extra people. Can anyone tell me where the "google contacts" list comes from and what the methodology for it is? Thanks.

Advertisement