• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android developer/user

Hello and welcome to the forums!

As you're a developer, be sure to check out the Android Development - Android Forums sub-forums, as that's where other devs hang out!

As for which phone to go for, my advice would be to get as much Android as you can... some of the lower end devices do not give the same experience as the high end devices. My wife has the Samsung Galaxy S and is quite impressed with it. I have to say, the battery life on here SGS is quite a bit better than on my Desire HD!

Your best bet is to decide on a couple of possibilities for a handset and then try and get to a shop, where you can get a feel for the device... sometimes phones just don't feel right in your hand... I think that my wife's phone isn't as good as mine, as the SGS feels a little plasticy, whereas my DHD is solid!

Hope you find this place useful - good luck chosing the right phone for you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones