• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Developer

vladibo

Lurker
Apr 26, 2014
I am developer with iOS game. I live in Canada, BC. I would like to move it to Android.

What is the best way to buy lead android phone and tablet? Assuming I don't need phone contract and just want to buy it for development. Do I just go in Rogers (Canadian AT&T) and buy phone and tablet? Or is it better to buy online? If so where online?

I need phone with equal power for games to iPhone 5, iPhone 5S or iPhone 5C or better. What would be that phone? Samsung? What model?

What tablet is equally or more powerful than iPad mini?

Can I buy new lead phone + new lead tablet for less than $1000 USD?

Thank you in advance.

For development I'd suggest you look at buying a Nexus 5 phone and either a 2013 nexus 7 tablet or wait for the next nexus tab (rumoured to be the nexus 8) :thumbup:

Yep, this is certainly your best bet for development. If you're a bit strapped for cash, even a Nexus 4 is about (and I say this with a huge grain of salt) on par with an iPhone 5.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones