Android Development Issue with Eclipse - Can't Start New Project

1. LanguidLegend

LanguidLegend Member

[​IMG]
    I'm running Linux (Ubuntu) and I've just installed the Android Dev tools (following the Android's installation guide). When I start a new Android project in Eclipse, I get a "Thanks for using Android SDK" pop-up (above), however, the buttons don't respond and I can't seem to exit out, and I can't start the new project until it does..

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?? :confused:
    Any help would be awesome.

Advertisement
  2. LanguidLegend

LanguidLegend Member

Also, I am being prompted to specify an SDK target (not sure what that would be exactly) but the option is grayed out and I'm not able to browse for one..

[​IMG]
  3. swiss-smurf

swiss-smurf New Member

Which version of Ubuntu/Eclipse are you on?
    There was one recently where button click did not work in Eclipse but keyboard shortcuts did.
    Does the rest of Eclipse work fine?
  4. LanguidLegend

LanguidLegend Member

Ubuntu: 10.10 (maverick) (64-bit system)
    Eclipse: Helios (release 3.6.2)
    Yea, the rest of Eclipse seems to work fine up until that point.
    The pop-up is no longer appearing, but the target issue remains.
  5. RazzleFnDazzle

RazzleFnDazzle Well-Known Member

I know this is a dumb question, but did you install any of the android sdk's? That target automatically populates with all the sdks I downloaded.
  6. pietjuhhh1990

pietjuhhh1990 Well-Known Member

You did'nt install it correctly look at this
    ADT Plugin for Eclipse | Android Developers

this is for the sdk target you need the ADT plugin
  7. LanguidLegend

LanguidLegend Member

aha... fixed it! I had to go to Windows>Preferences>Android to add the Android SDK directory.

Thanks everyone!
  8. LanguidLegend

LanguidLegend Member

Oh ok, one last issue.. So I chose a sample Android project from within the ADT directory, clicked finish, but as soon as it is imported, I get this error in the Console display:
    Code (Text):
    1. [2011-04-01 08:48:46 - com.android.ide.eclipse.adt.internal.project.AndroidManifestHelper] Unable to read /home/adam/android-sdk-linux_x86/samples/android-8/AndroidManifest.xml: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/adam/android-sdk-linux_x86/samples/android-8/AndroidManifest.xml (No such file or directory)
    I looked it up myself, and the file AndroidManifest.xml exists in the android-8/WiktionarySimple directory, but not in the android-8 directory itself. Where is this path/to/AndroidManifest.xml being specified so I can alter it?