• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Development Issue with Eclipse

Hi,
i am trying to build an android application in eclipse. :( My issue in detail is as follows:

1. I first setup the sdk and adt plugin along with the svn for eclipse.
2. Then I imported an existing svn trunk from (File->Import->Checkout projects from SVN).
3. Then I face the following errors:

a. Project has no default.properties file! Edit the project properties to set one.
b. None of import files are being resolved. It includes java.io, and all the basic java classes. I checked the Compiler Compliance level too.. It is set to 1.6
c. When I check into project properties for the issue, under Java Build Path: I find "Build path is entry missing: Projectname/gen"
Then in the libraries tab i find: "Unable to get System Library for the project".

It would be really nice if some one can throw some light on this issue. plz let me know if u need any more description.

Thanks,
Maverick gugu

P.S: SipDroid is the Application I am trying to build

When i import the trunk to check out, in the last step:

check out as a project using new project wizard is disabled.
(It is said that this will only be available only if the .project file is there in the repo).

So i go on selecting the "Check out as a project in the workspace" and i chose the "default workspace location" i.e my current one.

Upvote 0
Are you using a demo that comes with the SDK? you could try to import it rather than check out from google.

To do that you could go:
File > New > Project > Android Project

The select the radio button "Create Project from existing source"

The browse to: (Wherever you store your SDK)\android-sdk-windows\samples\android-9\SipDemo

Otherwise I'm fresh out of guesses, sorry.

Upvote 0
Hi..
That's the same step I have been trying to do.. But now i'm in for some new kind..

When i finish selecting the source from browse and i am about to click OK..

"The API level for the selected SDK target does not match the Min SDK Version."

This flashes on top.. Anything I could do for this?

Thanks for your patience.. I am totally new to this stuff.. I am trying hard to understand..

Upvote 0
No prob, i just ask that people check out my apps if I help them out ;)

Anyways make sure you have
Code:
    <uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="9" />
    <uses-sdk android:targetSdkVersion="9" />
in your manifest.xml

AFTER the close of the
Code:
</application>
tag but before the close of the manifest tag.

That worked like a charm.. But I'm really unlucky.. :( This time I'm not able to create the new project because:
1. An Eclipse project already exists in this directory. Consider using File > Import > Existing Project instead.
2. There is a project already existing in this folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones