• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Android Development Tutor??

I am new to the development world and can't wrap my mind around some things. I work much better if I'm able to ask questions as I'm going along instead of having to wait for an answer that might not show up until a few days later. Has anyone tutored before? I'm looking for someone who is pretty knowledgeable and willing to teach me a few things. Preferably someone who is willing to do it for free ;)

Thanks ahead of time.

I do have it. I've set up a virtual android device as well (since it wasn't registering my tablet) and have started working on My First App. However, the wording in the tutorial isn't really making all that much sense to me. I guess maybe I need it in laymen's terms or something, haha. The specific problem at this moment is I've got this button and now I need to make it do something. I'm completely lost with what all these things are for, where to put them, and why I need them (like intent, android.widget.EditText, EXTRA_MESSAGE, etc.) It seems like a lot of information that I just don't understand. I don't know about you, but I don't want to just copy/paste their examples without knowing what it means...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones