Android Device ManagerGeneral

1. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

Go to ... https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager ... and have GPS enabled on your registered Droid Maxx ...

If you select your registered Droid Maxx does it report where your phone is located?

If you tell it to ring does it send the Orion ringtone or the ringtone you selected?

... Thom

Advertisement
    DucatiDude and Outatime like this.
  2. speede541

speede541 Well-Known Member

Yes, and (1) Orion.
    Thom likes this.
  3. Thom

Since I now know it works ...you have to go to Google Settings | Location and check Access location.

It is working now with the Orion ringtone.

Thanks.

... Thom
  4. Outatime

Outatime Well-Known Member Contributor

That is wild. And a little bit creepy. LOL.
  5. DucatiDude

DucatiDude Well-Known Member

So how do I use the erase feature?
  6. Thom

I have not tested it.

You have to enable it on your phone first. After that you can sent a request from the service and it will do a Factory Data Reset.

I believe it is at Settings | Security & Screen Lock | Device administrators and there you add the check mark for Android Device Manager.

... Thom
  7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

You also need to go into the Google Settings app, choose Android Device Manager, and make sure that "Allow remote factory data reset" is checked.

Frim there, go into https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager on a browser and make sure that you are logged in, choose the device "XT1080" and you can remotely erase the device. (If you select the pencil icon you can edit the name of the device to something else, like, say, Droid Maxx.)
  8. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Well, I was going thru it and noticed on my desktop that it listed my Xoom, Maxx and Bionic. It was late and I was tired :( and thought I would remove my Bionic from the list. :(:(:( So, selected it and hit erase. :eek: I can attest to the fact that it works. I am sure happy it wasn't my Maxx. As soon as I did it I realized that erase wasn't delete. However the locate and ring features work well.
    Anyone interested in a factory fresh Bionic?
  9. Thom

There are flavors of Factory Data Reset. Did the remotely requested Factory Data Reset delete everything on the SD-Ext card or did it leave the SD-Ext card untouched?

... Thom
  10. lewwill

lewwill Well-Known Member

Very interesting. When I booted the Bionic, WiFi only, because it is deactivated on the network, it locked onto my wifi network and good old Google backup started reloading and updating :Deverything. External SD card is all there. I am thinking that it wipes over the VZ network and since it was deactivated it did not do it completely or at all. What is amazing is how slow slow slow the Bionic is after just a week on the Maxx.:D
  11. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Well-Known Member

That is cool.. Works on my original droid RAZR maxx too.
  12. Einsteindks

Einsteindks Well-Known Member

A factory data reset will wipe the entire memory, virtual SDcard included. So back it up!