• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android dictionary aint working

DorSharabi

Lurker
Aug 13, 2015
I litterally tried for 4-5 hours total and still can't figure it out!
Back in the previous system update i could type words in hangout and whatsapp and press and the 3 dots "..." and then press again to add it to the vocabulary. this option no longer exist so i have to manully enter settings in order to add a word.
System ver. 5.1.1
Got not idea what else to do

Dictionary works fine for me on 5.1.1. When you type a word that is not recognized, press space and the word should become underlined in fed (assuming it doesn't autocorrect). Tap the underlined word and you should see a list of suggestions with an option to add to dictionary.

Upvote 0
I figured out the cause of the problem! still dunno how to fix thought...
The relevant windows is behind the keyboard... how can i fix that?
I added a screenshot...
I will love u very much if i'll be able 2 fix it :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-08-13-17-57-22.png
    Screenshot_2015-08-13-17-57-22.png
    395.3 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 0
Unfortunately there's not much I can do to fix a bug in an app. I'd probably visit the app on the play store and scroll to the bottom; then tap on "send email".

Then you can write a description of the issue and attach the screenshot you took and hopefully Google will fix the issue and post am update to the play store.

I've never dealt with Google before regarding one of their apps but I have reported bugs to many developers on the play store and they usually respond right away and have a fix the same day or next day.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones