Android dictionary problemSupport

1. Snakeman

Snakeman New Member

Hi,

New to this group, hello everybody!

I have an HTC One S, and since the latest OS update a couple of weeks back, I have found that a lot of the spellcheck words suggested in the Custom dictionary don't work as well. One in particular is the work I'll (as in I will). Previously if I typed in ill (all in lower case) one of the autocorrect options was I'll. Now that's gone, and I have to switch to capitals for the I and then enter the apostrophe - all much more time consuming for quick texting. The word I'll is still in the dictionary but is no longer suggested by pre-typing in the word ill.
    Any suggestions, or just have to live with this? It has only happened since the latest OS update?

Thanks

Alan

Advertisement
    :
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, Snakeman.

I had that issue with another device and found that clearing the sms app cache did the trick.

Others, with various devices, report success by clearing the data as well as the cache in the sms app, then rebooting.

Tell us how it goes! :)
  3. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

If Frisco's recommendation doesn't help, you could always try a keyboard app (I'm partial to swiftkey). Sorry that I don't have a better answer, but I don't use the stock keyboard at all.