• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android - does it give you an unfair advantage?

This really is the time of year to have a phone like this. To be in a store like Best Buy or wherever and be unsure of a price and then to be able to scan a bar code and find it cheaper elsewhere, thereby saving you money....how did I ever live without this? I can't remember my pre-Android life...

I believe I just googled the model number from my Instinct and got a list of prices available from all over, just like if you google a model number on your computer. The scan thing is the only difference, isn't it?

I have a Moment and I'm wondering what it can do that my Instinct couldn't? I need a good calendar and find that Moment is sorely lacking. Do I need to get a different phone? Sigh. I love the Android market but am wondering if I jumped the gun.

Upvote 0
I got a pearl last year and fell in love with it right away, having a halfway decent browser on a phone opened a new world for me. Then a few months ago i ruined it and got stuck on a POS "dumb" phone, so I went out and got a Curve, after a few weeks i got tired of the memory leaks and the long reboot time, so I started researching the G1, got it a few weeks ago and haven't stopped playing with it yet, I love this phone, and highly doubt i'll ever buy another phone that doesn't run Android. I'm gonna try and spread the word of Android to my family and friends

Upvote 0
I got a pearl last year and fell in love with it right away, having a halfway decent browser on a phone opened a new world for me. Then a few months ago i ruined it and got stuck on a POS "dumb" phone, so I went out and got a Curve, after a few weeks i got tired of the memory leaks and the long reboot time, so I started researching the G1, got it a few weeks ago and haven't stopped playing with it yet, I love this phone, and highly doubt i'll ever buy another phone that doesn't run Android. I'm gonna try and spread the word of Android to my family and friends

Exactly the way I feel, I can't imagine life without an android! I keep thinking about what will be possible in 14 months when I can grab my upgrade. And that isn't because i'm unhappy with my hero, its the fact that my hero can do so much, i'm sure my mind will be blown in a year!

Upvote 0
Reminds me of an episode of Outer Limits (or was it the new Twilight Zone?) where society in the future has progressed to the point where everyone has a brain implant that keeps them constantly connected to everyone else, and the main computer and all the data in the world.

That's awesome, I remember that episode, and think about it all the time when I see the DB's with their bluetooths stuck in their ears all the time - whether they're using it or not. -a little off topic on this subject- I also wonder if people from even 30 years ago saw all these people talking to themselves they'd think there was a mental health outbreak of schizophrenia.

When I saw that episode back in '97, I was writing a final paper for some business class, I was looking for something obscure, I was missing a source, and I ended up using that show as source material. I got an A on the paper. Can't really remember what the paper was about though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones