Android doesn't send cookie in http post causing outlook app fails

1. Wireshark

Wireshark New Member

Hi Guys,

I am a network engineer. Problem is android is not able to sync the outlook client. Tried default outlook, K-9 mail and other apps from google play..

The set up is
    Android-------------Netscaler with authentiction----------Backend Microsoft server

android will send the packet to netscaler ( Http Option)
    Netscaler will say you are not authorized come back with following cookie NS_AAA and NS_Ats cooke ( 401 unauthorized)
    Now Android should come back with username/password + the previous cookie which was told by netscaler. So that the netscaler will know that he is the guy who came before and send him to backend.

But I could see that for outlook apps, ( With internet browser it works fine) the android will never come back with the cookie due to which netscaler will tell him again and again to come back with the cookie.

So i guess there is a problem in the code of android with outlook apps, In which if the server tells him to set following cookie. It will never set them.

Can anyone tell me how can this be avoided. tried 2.3, 4.0, 4.1 all has the same problem. Asking some developer to create email apps which allow the cookie to be set.

Advertisement
  2. Crashdamage

Crashdamage Well-Known Member

Try Enhanced Email. If it doesn't work email the developer or post your problem in the user's forum on the EE website.