• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android eats RAM memory?

Vita94

Lurker
Mar 27, 2011
Hi,

I've recently bought GT540 and I have a few questions.

1. How much RAM memory should GT540 have? (I have 169 MB) and I think there should be 256?

2. When I kill all applications on android, again I have 90 MB used by something? I always have about 30-60 MB free... Never more than that?

3. Also is there a way to install apps on Memory Card on Android 2.1?

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

I've recently bought GT540 and I have a few questions.

1. How much RAM memory should GT540 have? (I have 169 MB) and I think there should be 256?

2. When I kill all applications on android, again I have 90 MB used by something? I always have about 30-60 MB free... Never more than that?

3. Also is there a way to install apps on Memory Card on Android 2.1?

Thanks in advance!

1.Not at all , it does have 170MB and only 170MB

2.You should NEVER kill Android applications, it interfers in the way Android does it's job.

3.Apps2SD, Link2SD don't really remember how they're called but it's close to that

Reactions: Vita94
Upvote 0
the best way to get app2sd is to updatform
1. root with z4root, available at applanet
2. download the android terminal and type [find /system -name su] with out brackets
3. depending on the su paths(maby /system/bin or /xbin) type [chmod 4775 /system/bin/su] with out brackets.
4.download clockworkmod 3.0.0.5 from this forum, rename recovery, the ending should be. Img
5.open terminal and type

Su
Cd /sdcard/download
Flash_image recovery recovery.img

Restart the phone
when Turing on when you see LG logo hole down the home button

6.goto make a back up of the phone in recovery Mode
Then restart the phone.

7.download cyanogenmod 7 for recovery (may need to look on xda forums)
and put in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup.

8. Boot into recoverymod and restore cyanogen 7 (must be a built version for gt540)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones