Android Emulator Unlock

Last Updated: 2014-07-07 16:37:49
  1. JoeNYS

JoeNYS New Member

I'm a newbie trying to get the emulator running and I have two questions:

1. After I start the emulator I see this in Eclipse:

2012-09-01 19:28:22 - MyFirstApp1] New emulator found: emulator-5554​
    [2012-09-01 19:28:22 - MyFirstApp1] Waiting for HOME ('android.process.acore') to be launched...

Does this mean it's locked and waiting for me to do something or do I have to wait for something to happen?

2. I've seen multiple different answers about how to unlock the emulator screen. When the screen says "ANDROID", does this mean it's locked and what buttons do I have to press? I have seen recommendations to press "MENU", the "HOME" key, and others. I do not see an "UNLOCK icon" - see question above.

I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place; let me know and I'll remember for next time.

Thanks,
    -- JoeNYS

Advertisement
  2. Mezz_Muzz

Mezz_Muzz New Member

"2. I've seen multiple different answers about how to unlock the emulator screen. When the screen says "ANDROID", does this mean it's locked and what buttons do I have to press? I have seen recommendations to press "MENU", the "HOME" key, and others. I do not see an "UNLOCK icon" - see question above."

You have to wait for the emulator to fully load. You should see a device screen with a padlock. Exactly like the real thing. If the ANDROID logo still shows after a few minutes there may be some other problem stopping the emulator from loading correctly.
  3. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums Mezz_Muzz.:) I'm not sure your realize, but the post you replied too is from nearly two years ago.:eek: Thanks for the response though.:)
  4. martinv

martinv New Member

I can say this still appears to be a valid issue and his reply helped me. It actually felt like I had to wait 2 years for the emulator to finish loading :). (was actually around 15 minutes! using the latest Android Studio beta 0.8.0)