Android Enterprise: Epocrates On The Galaxy Tab

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

The Enterprise. An often discussed topic in terms of the next realm of Android/Mobile growth, but one that has evaded both mainstream coverage and widespread practical use. Digging through the Phandroid Video Archives I found a video from CTIA that, unfortunately, I neglected to share with you. I think it’s extremely important to discuss, so [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Epocrates - an excellent example of an application that is used by professionals and lay humans. As a layed human, Epocrates was installed on the family devices (Palm/Centros/TP/TP2 and now the Evo). We used it casually until a few years ago when my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer. With it installed on the devices, we were able to more comfortably follow medications and treatments, and able to discuss them with the physicians and pharmacy humans. One physcian we routinely came in contact with had a Treo 600 that he used only with Epocrates. I often brought up PDAs and medical applications with providers and the reactions were good. An inexpensive device is more than capable of being loaded with "essential" applications and due to its costs, when it gets lost/destroyed or whatever, replacing it is not a painful thing.

Another application that provides the power of Epocrates and the versatility of an excellent database is HanDBase. HanDBase has been used in the medical profession for years and continues to be an excellent method of capturing data on the go.