• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android: Exceptions in Silent Mode?

raven123456

Lurker
Nov 11, 2012
Hello everyone, here is what I am trying to achieve:

I want for my phone to stay on silent mode 24/7, but with a few exceptions for my family (Because there is always a chance of an emergency). How can I achieve this?

Basically, all other calls except my Exceptions(Family) will make the phone vibrate, and if its somebody from my family - it will ring.

Any ideas, apps, settings?

Thanks a lot in advance!

I seem to remember Call Control having a feature where you make a whitelist, then you "block" everything except the whitelist. Then under options, one of the blocking methods was just to silence the calls in block list.

Can't be sure if they changed this, I've stopped using Call Control ages ago in favor of Avast. I'd prefer just one app (Avast) for anti-theft and call management as opposed to two apps (Lookout+Call Control).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones