1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Android Exchange Calendar Sync

Last Updated:

1. mpaniwozik

mpaniwozik New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone, I'm new to the android community by less than 24 hours. I got rid of my iphone 3g for the HTC incredible, as so far its been great.

I'm looking to have my gmail set up on my HTC using their exchange, or push email (rather than imap). I've got that set up, but had to download a new mail client to do so, as the built in mail client wont allow me to sync my work calendar (only the calendar) though my corporate exchange, and have gmail set up with exchange as well.

I was wondering if there is an exchange calendar only app, or an email app that will sync my corporate exchange calendar. I do no like the interface of the email app I downloaded. I would like to use the built in email app with android 2.1 for my Gmail, and a different app to sync only my work calendar.

Note, I do not want to sync my work calendar to google calendar, and then to my phone. I'm less than impressed with google calendar, and thats one more hoop to jump through / point of failure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. oceanlight

oceanlight Well-Known Member

touchdown?

edit: after re-reading your post, i have no idea what you are talking about. you want gmail set up using exchange? huh?

3. mpaniwozik

mpaniwozik New Member This Topic's Starter

Yeah, you can set up Gmail with an exchange account for push email from Gmail. I've already done this with a 3rd party email app, however, I dont like the interface.

What I'm looking to do is:

- Set up Gmail using their exchange server (m.google.com) with the included mail app.
    - Set up my work calendar using my works exchange server, and not having to forward it to google calendar and sync it that way.

So what I'm looking for is a 3rd party app that I can sync up an exchange calendar with for free.

4. julioprimo

julioprimo New Member

My phone came with moxier's email application. It was very simple to set up and synced my work mail and calendar. I didn't expect it to work so well.

If there are other apps that connect to exchange I would like to know about it. No real reason than to try other flavors.

5. crevier

crevier New Member

Hey mpanjwozik, did you ever figure this out? I've got the exact same need. I need to have one app that views my Google calendar and a separate app to view my Exchange calendar. A single app will work, if there's a very simple switch to flip between the two, but they need to be separate.

6. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

Touchdown will allow you to have your work calendar separate from the google calendar.

It's not free though.

I sync my personal google calendar using the built in google account sync and I then sync my personal email using K9.

I sync my business exchange calendar, email and contacts using touchdown. Everything in touchdown is completely separate from the rest of the phone's applications (unless you want the contacts added to your phone contacts, there's an option for that).

7. wcarephymgmt

wcarephymgmt New Member

Does touchdown sync the notes with exchange server 2010 on the droid and visa versa. if ic reate a note does it synch with outlook.