Android Features?

Last Updated:

1. SJamG

SJamG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi There,

I am very new to Android and have just seen the HTC Hero. I currently have an iPhone 3G and would like to replace it with the Hero!

Some questions about whether or not its a worthy replacement :

1. I have a MobileMe account, my email is pushed to my phone - could the get Hero push email? I dont mind switching to another provider if it can do it!

2. I have a mac at home - is there a way Android could sync my contacts/calendars/music/movies/photos? If so, using what?

3. What storage can Android/Hero handle, could I use a 32Gb SD card for example?

4. Will I regret switching??

Some of the questions i have - would appreciate the feedback and depending on the answers, i would switch! (fancy something different - iphone....been there, done that!!!)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. RozzaC

RozzaC Well-Known Member

Hello,

To (hopefully) answer your questions:

1. Yes...it can use push email, however it's not instant push, unless it's with a google account (and even that can have a delay).

2. Erm...the only sync'ing I know of is with Google's servers and your Google account. I've never tried sync'ing to a computer so I can't actually say much on this...

3. It can handle microSD cards of up 32GB (can someone confirm that, please?)

4. It's all down to a matter of opinion, but in my eyes...any switch AWAY from an iPhone..is a good switch! =)

3. SJamG

Thanks for your quick reply...

1. Great, so if I start using my GMail account again, it will push from that account to the phone?

2. Ok so we sync with the Google 'cloud' and then have an application to sync that back to the mac - cool. What about music/movies etc?

3. Thats what I like to hear...removable storage...

4. starting to seriously think about it now...

Thanks very much for your input :)

4. sergey

sergey Well-Known Member

One caveat with the removable storage: you can't store apps on it and there are no plans to implement that feature. It will have 512 mb of space, I think.
    You have to manage the processes yourself sometimes- some apps don't fully close but there are 3rd party apps to help.
    Waiting- you want a hero in the us? Don't be surprised if it gets released early next year.

5. SJamG

Thanks for the reply. I am in the UK, so hopefully we should see it before then.

One can hope...

6. slarti

slarti Well-Known Member

For movies and music the phone will mounted as a removable drive so you freely move files back and forth between the phone and desktop.

I don't know about syncing with iTunes though, or whether the various DRM laden formats Apple favour are supported by the various Android media players.

7. fenikz

fenikz New Member

im not to sure that the HERO supports 32g removasble storage. The Hero can sync to a PC/MAC using the HTC SYNC software.

8. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

32GB is useable and compatible.

9. fenikz

fenikz New Member

Nice thank you for sharing that information