Android File Transfer and MacTips

1. justgrant2009

justgrant2009 Member

Just a tip for anyone out there who is having the same problems I was having.

I have the Galaxy Note LTE from AT&T, and I work on a Mac. I had been told that Android doesn't play nice with OSX and that to trade files I would have to download Android File Transfer.

I did so, thinking that once I did, I would have an easy time swapping my files back and forth.

That was wrong, so very wrong.

I started up AFT and plugged in my phone and AFT told me to either reconnect the phone or reboot and try again. No matter how much I did either of these actions, it still refused to connect to the phone.

Eventually I tried going in and turning off USB debugging (Settings>Wireless&Network>USB utilities>) and then chose Connect Storage to PC.

Perfect! I did that and it connected to my Mac like a gem. No AFT necessary, it just mounted the phone like external media. It showed both the phone and the sd card I had inside it.

I am fairly new to the Android Community, but if you have questions, I promise to do my best to answer them, or I'll help you find somebody here who can.

Best of luck to you all!
    Happy Droiding!

Advertisement
    Jetmerritt likes this.
  2. ndwgolf

ndwgolf Well-Known Member

I have a Galaxy Note LTE too but under settings>Wireless & Networks I do not have USB Utilities
    Any help would be much appreciated
  3. jjohnson1

jjohnson1 Active Member

It depends on which OS you are running. It should be under Settings>Development.