Android File Transfer

1. douglashh

douglashh Member

Is there an older version of Android File Transfer that works with Android 2.3.6? The only version I can find requires Android 3 and above?

I'm trying to transfer an Android App from my mac to my T-Mobile Prism.

Thanks,

Advertisement
    :
  2. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

i dont think there is one. Try sending the file over bluetooth or use airdroid. I had the same problem but i used the SD card to transfer my files
  3. jjrx3

jjrx3 Well-Known Member

4. douglashh

douglashh Member

I tried to get bluetooth set up but when I tried to send the file I kept getting a message something to the effect of 'rejected illegal transfer'. Couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong and gave up. I followed the directions in the owners manual for the T-mobile Prism but still couldn't figure it out.
  5. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

You might try with a file manager to connect to your Mac as a network share via WiFi.
    ES File Explorer, free in Play Store, works fine with shares on my network disk drive :)

Harry
  6. douglashh

douglashh Member

Thanks, but my Mac Mini is connected via an ethernet cable so not on a wifi network. Maybe I could email the file to my iPad and then connect to the phone via wifi.

Sure would be easier if you could just transfer files by connecting the UBS cable.
  7. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

If you use the same modem/router in a home network to connect WiFi and LAN to the internet, then the phone should be able to "see" the Mac on the home network.

Harry
  8. derekfishr

derekfishr New Member

Bluetooth of both devices must be well and also the space problem shouldn't be there. Have a recheck of settings and all.
    vans authentic