Android FirewallGeneral

1. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

anyone use a firewall to block apps from using bandwidth when tethering? I have tried several but they do not really seem to block all the apps, or maybe I'm using them wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I'm using WIFI Tether Router on my rooted s4, if anyone knows a better tethering app I 'd like to hear about that also. This one has issues.

Advertisement
  2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Try the app called droidwall this found in the market very easy to use
  3. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm using, or trying to use AFWALL+, however it keeps crashing my phone. Does anyone know what apps I MUST allow for my phone to operate?
  4. elzan

elzan New Member

Droidwall simple and fats,or avast..
  5. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

Why does everyone keep recommending droidwall? Play store says there is no more support for this app, developing has abandoned it and the people at AFwall have taken it up, basicly AFWall is droidwall now. At least that's how I understand it.
  6. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female Guide

Try Mobiwol.
  7. elzan

elzan New Member

Why did you care about playstore ? droidwall run perfectly no need update ..then avast ..what is the problem?when 10 people say to you ...ooo root ned.. :)
  8. timbre

timbre Well-Known Member

Droidwall does not "run perfectly". I used to use it. If it still ran perfectly I would still be using it. Phones and apps change and evolve, if the developers do not keep up the app becomes absolete. Not a hard concept to grasp. I just flashed a new Rom, I'll try afwall again, if that doesnt work I'll give mobiwall a shot.