• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android Forums app

funkylogik

share the love peeps ;)
Sep 15, 2011
Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
Is there no longer any way to set particular forums as "favourites"?

Id been using an old ad free version of the app i got from I don't know where lol when I became a VIP but that app doesn't work with the new forum properly.

So other than my original question, is there a special VIP version of the app available or what?

I use an ad blocker anyway but preferred that version where you just long pressed a forum to "subscribe" to it.

Cheers for any advice peeps.. I exclusively use Android for my Internet needs and prefer the app to the Web version.. Should I just use tapatalk?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
The original (really old) app is in fact broken since the forum update and that is likely permanent.
The newer Forums for Android app has been updated to work properly with the new setup as of about two weeks ago.
The generic Tapatalk app has also just been given an update which allows browsing to work once again after the forum update broke it. It's a lot clunkier than our native app but it does work.

Upvote 0
So the new app doesn't seem to give me the option to reply to a post (i use pie and usually a 3dot menu button appears in it and allows me to reply).
Also, I can't find how to "favourite" or "subscribe" to a particular forum.
Sorry if I'm being (probably) dumb and missing something guys lol :)

EDIT omg I was being dumb... Very dumb.. I'd forgot to sign in lol.
Cheers peeps

Upvote 0
A picture is worth 1,037.4 words (adjusted for inflation ;) )

Screenshot_2014-12-24-09-40-32.png

Upvote 0
IJust realized that what I said in my last post applies only to Tapatalk, the AF app doesn't work that way.
In the AF app the subforums should just show up when you select the parent forum. One thing I observed is that forums I was previously subscribed to before the upgrade did not show their subforums until I unsubscribed and re-subscribed. You may need to do this if the subforums aren't showing up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones