• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Forums vs ...

jaj324

Android Enthusiast
Nov 16, 2011
Alabama
plus.google.com
I'm curious, who here is also a member of the Android Central forums? I was banned from A.C. so long ago that I can't even remember what for. The thing is I joined these forums before AC and haven't had any issues with anyone here. I'm thinking that the attitude over at A.C. is much different than here. Mods over there seems to get their feelings hurt pretty easy..

I'm curious, who here is also a member of the Android Central forums? I was banned from A.C. so long ago that I can't even remember what for. The thing is I joined these forums before AC and haven't had any issues with anyone here. I'm thinking that the attitude over at A.C. is much different than here. Mods over there seems to get their feelings hurt pretty easy..

Well, i'm also a member of AndroidCentral, and i've had no problems over there.:p

Reactions: quest7
Upvote 0
It's been changed to likes. If you click on your avatar you'll see you forum profile and all your thanks will be there as likes.

Yes, but besides their numbers being off, they're not prominently displayed like they were, like it was some ongoing contest... for what, who knows.

edit... maybe those numbers aren't off, now I can't remember what they were.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
I came here four/five years ago, my first forum experience. It might strike some odd but I've never felt the need to go to another phone site. To date, I have never logged on or joined another phone forum. I have always felt welcome here and I enjoy the family like atmosphere. Thanks to the friendly members here I have found a home.

Upvote 0
Yes, but besides their numbers being off, they're not prominently displayed like they were, like it was some ongoing contest... for what, who knows.

edit... maybe those numbers aren't off, now I can't remember what they were.

I agree.. also it helps me to see who I can more believe in some advice or comment.
also I think it give my statements more weight.

Reactions: jefboyardee
Upvote 0
I've never been a member of AC. Before joined AF, I was a member of Nokia Forums, but that's very much dead now. Currently I'm also an active member of Oppo Forums, which I think is actually quite good for a company owned forum, in that they don't seem to mind people slating the company and their products...LOL! ...their house rules are quite liberal. Oppo is the device I've got, and most online discussion for this does take place on OF.

Upvote 0
I was a very active member of Nokia users, sadly now almost defunct. I am still in contact with quite a few members from there. I am a member of Android central, but I don't post there. I'm a member of XDA and have posted exactly twice. I go there to lurk and see what new ROMs have been cooked.

I also a moderator at a general interest/current affairs forum it is very small with about 120 active members.

Upvote 0
I only signed up with AC for a competition of some kind. That said I've not been here for a little while, maybe 6-8 weeks since I last took a look on the forums and don't think I signed in. Coming here now, I thought I'd come to the wrong site :S. Looks good though, just need to get used to it! Need to get back into foruming I think as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones