2. Not working

38.5%

Last Updated:

1. hotlink

hotlink Member

Finally, rooted my G-Box

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1, Download this pre-rooted firmware (Testing only) http://www.mediafire.com/?adya3ahnmgianho
    Original firmware (3G support) >>> G-Box_3G_12-2011.zip

2, Unzip the "image.img" to you SDCard root.
    3, Turn on the G-Box first > Insert your SDCard > Let system auto detect new firmware
    4, Press OK and proceed as instructed on the screen.
    5, Done and rooted.

Do it at your own risk.

Advertisement
    KGILLA likes this.
  2. mafani

mafani Member

anyone know if is possible to have a normal desktop with this device? i don't like the distribution, just want normal icons...
  3. zzeck

zzeck New Member

so, the RAM is only 256Mb !!!!:eek::eek:

why in the box is write 512 ? It's a fake?:mad:
  4. hotlink

hotlink Member

KGILLA and mafani like this.
  5. KGILLA

KGILLA New Member

6. hotlink

hotlink Member

No changes. Once rooted, you can use some of the root apps which is quite useful.
  7. mafani

mafani Member

i wish to connect a BT dongle in usb port, the device don't care... same with an old usb webcam logitech.

And my wifi gives me an error and can't connect... i don't know wat to do. anyone have the original firmware?
  8. orefie

orefie Member

if remove gboxlaunch.apk and paste an other laucher (launcher pro, etc) with RK29xxImageTools_v2.1 1
    the box is more speed
    if you don't delete gboxlaunch.apk ("il est toujours en tache de fond" always in the background)

sorry for my english
  9. hotlink

hotlink Member

But G-Box default remote have some shortcut button for gboxlaunhcer only right?

Example, When I press Video, the screen will go straight to video folder, which is quite useful.

Anyone know how to customize/modify the remote control button for certain function?
  10. mafani

mafani Member

i supose the device work as a phone, and the buttons are connected to the ir reciver, then the way is any setting to change the button link to the app, but i dont know if is there one in android, i'm new on this
  11. jibrahim01

jibrahim01 New Member

i installed the rooted firmware but still couldn't gain full access to the system folder (read only).

i tried to modify some folder through Root Explorer but i can't switch to read & write permission, it give read only!!

anyone face the same!!
  12. Cybereu

Cybereu Member

Thank you so much, im enjoy it.
    Now im trying to install an Linux Distro on it, anyone knows how to dual boot Linux/Android ?
  13. bastik

bastik New Member

I install the rooted firmware and now the wifi don't run properly. Plase help!!

And i can't install a bluetooth dongle for use a keyboard.

Wifi and bluetooth is the 2 most important things in this device and don't work...
  14. hotlink

hotlink Member

Initially, my wifi speed very slow and not working as well. Once updated the new firmware, it's worked now.

Try this pre-rooted new firmware,
    G-Box With 3G Support (Launcher replaced with Go Launcher)
  15. bastik

bastik New Member

Thanks but didn't work. :(

When i put a stock firmware the wifi runs ok, if i put a rooted firmware the wifi didn't work.

This is a bit important for me, but the bluetooth is the most important. When i buy the box i think that a bluetooth dongle will work, but NO. The bt dongle don't work and is it imposible for me, i tried several apps with no succes.
  16. mafani

mafani Member

i have the same problem with the wifi, finaly i move the router neart the g-box and connect it with cable.

where can i find a "stock firmware"?

everyone downloaded from the links of this forum, didn't work for me.

can you tell me which firmware are you using?
  17. orefie

orefie Member

18. hotlink

hotlink Member

orefie likes this.
  19. gusy

gusy New Member

Hi hotlink !,
    rooted firmware G box with 3G support full access to the system folder ??- or "read only" ?

that removed of g box 3g firmware size 77 mb, stock 120 mb
    How much free rom ?
    Sorry for my english
  20. hotlink

hotlink Member

You mean free RAM? It will not increase free RAM. In fact, I still looking a way to free up more RAM.

I'm not understand why G-Box takes up 80% of the RAM and left 20% (100mb) free RAM.
  21. gusy

gusy New Member

Thank you for ram understood.

1. rooted firmware "G box with 3G support" full access to the system folder - or "read only" ?

2. What removed of rooted "G-Box 3G support"?
    Rooted- 77 mb,
    stock 120 mb
    what was removed by 50mb ?
  22. hotlink

hotlink Member

Removed those games and apps like angry bird, msn, tv streaming app and etc.

The rooted firmware only for testing only. You can always use the original/stock firmware.
  23. mafani

mafani Member

why with the 3g firmwares posted here i can't run live wallpapers?
  24. seblard

seblard Member

Hi,

I did exactly what you write in your post, the update saw to be good and the box was auto-rebooted...

But nothing more, a black screen and noway to do anything.

Even if I switch on (blue led) a few seconds later the box switch off (red led) and nothing... :confused:

What to do ? I there a way to correct this issue ?

Thanks a lot for your help :eek:
  25. hotlink

hotlink Member

the firmware only compatible with g-box and shown in the picture. you may contact your seller on how to reload back to the original firmware.