Android Gains Market Share, Apple iPhone Slips

Last Updated:

1. emilianm

emilianm Active Member This Topic's Starter

Why is Apple is going after after Android ;)

Advertisement
  2. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

Competition is good.
    Gets them to make better hardware and firmware.

3. daffyduck

daffyduck Well-Known Member

Make no bones about it guys & gals, competition is a good thing.....

Rather than Steve Jobs shouting out loud about Google's "don't be evil" & taking what is effectively a protectionism measure by going after HTC with patent lawsuits (which if I was to bet my money on, they may not be successful at, as Google and their resources will/have to get involved), Apple should innovate once again!

We need creative companies like Apple to be successful, to drive things forward.

Come on Steve, stop crying over your iPad failure (to be), get on and develop something that people will want that is different and innovative!

4. smokey1300

smokey1300 New Member

I heard on the news Apple is suing HTC for patent infringement.

Just because now Steve Jobs is pissed about loosing market share. Steve claims they are stealing a patented invention.
    Really he is very nervous about the ever increasing devices that have been created with android OS.

Whats next maybe McDonalds will sue Tim Hortons for making their patented coffee!

5. daviddakota

daviddakota Well-Known Member

Its Jobs' comments that get me fired up. Fair enough, if patents have been infringed, then Apple should be compensated; however, bizarre the patent is. Jobs' comments on Google entering the mobile market are frankly absurd and infantile: deal with competition, Jobs: Nokia did when Apple entered the fray, Motorola, Sony Ericcson, Samsung, all dealt with Apple entering the mobile market. Didn't see their CEOs spitting their dummies out; so darn childish.

Provide engaging product and people will buy.

6. USofPlutarchy

USofPlutarchy Well-Known Member

Market share based on web consumption? lol that's the worst metric I've ever seen. Here is the real market share by %, in relation to smartphones' OS in the US:

RIM - 42%
    Apple - 26%
    Android - 5%
    Rest is MS and Palm
    (all are +/- 1%)

PCWorld keeps getting worse and worse...

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

This is web consumption, not market share. Different set of numbers. That just shows android users are using their phones to their full capacity more than iphone.