1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Android games for Acer netbook

1. Sweevy

Sweevy New Member

Hi guys,

Does anyone know which games / apps will run on Acer Aspire netbook? So
    far every .apk I install has had problems with screen tearing, poor formatting, or plain will not run. I got the android netbook for my mum hoping that it would be nice and simple for her to get to grips with - wrong!

I get the impression that the Android implimentation on Acer is a bit of a bodge job. Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Advertisement
  2. snapper.fishes

snapper.fishes Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Android apps are not meant to run on the screen of a netbook. That is why the Android market is not available on it. There's a reason why Google forbids manufacturers from putting the android market on anything with a screen bigger than 7 inch.
  3. bender_2001

bender_2001 New Member

I have had the same problem too, but this has worked for me:
    How to install Android Applications on the Acer Aspire One D255 netbook. | SweX Blog - Mathew Porter Web Design

Just follow the steps and you should be able to download some, not all app's.
    I am trying to upgrade from Android 2.1 to 2.2 at the moment. Not much info out there right now but will let you all know if i find anything.

Android 2.2 allows more apps to be installed on your net book. But so far, 2.1 has allowed me to install Dolphin Browser and a few other cool apps. Enjoy~!