Android games with a story?

1. chillychili

chillychili New Member

I'm getting tired of all these casual Angry Birds, other puzzle games and all those "never ending, go for highscore" type of games. I once downloaded this game called "Don't Look Back", it was only about 30 minutes long, but it was a lot of fun and the ending was pretty cool.
    So I'm looking for a game that has a proper ending and a storyline. I've tried searching in the Play Store, but all the top lists are filled with these kind of "casual on-the-go" type of games. Also I've tried googling for similar topics many times without any luck.

(In other words: A game that could be released for a console or PC.)

So, it would be awesome if you could come up with a few :)
    Preferably free games, but you can also list some games that cost (but no 10 dollar/euro games, please.)

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
    kagra003 likes this.
  2. King_Tetiro

King_Tetiro Active Member

Well there's Rain-Slick 3, Precipice of Darkness. It's a game from the comic Penny Arcade :)
    kagra003 likes this.
  3. herecomesmaggi

herecomesmaggi Well-Known Member

Thanks for the names fellas ... I too love games with stories.. :) Going to play store now ... :p
  4. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about the casual games, I still have a few but don't play them much. Most of my time is spent on the RPGs. There's a couple topics on that here.

http://androidforums.com/android-games/713584-rpg-recommendation.html
    http://androidforums.com/android-games/390976-best-rpg-games.html
    http://androidforums.com/android-games/620345-high-quality-turn-based-rpgs.html

And these are some of the games I've enjoyed:
    Cthulhu Saves the World (it was around $3 I think)
    Yesterday (There's a free version with ads. I paid $2.99 but that was during a 50% off sale)
    Legends Arcana (free with ads, action RPG)
    Andor's Trail (free, no ads)
    Puzzle Quest 2 (it's an RPG and the battles are done as puzzle games, you can try a little for free then its $5 to unlock the rest, but I think it was worth it).
    Vampire's Fall (free)
    The Bard's Tale (under $5, I ended up paying for IAP to make it easier, still less than I'd pay on a console game)
    Gurk (free) & Gurk II (99 cents)
    chillychili likes this.
  5. umataro42

There's a Kickstarter for an upcoming game called Boon Hill that is very story based. They have to reach level 2 for it to be available on Android, but they're not too far off.
    Update: they reached level 2 so the game will also be released on Android.

Welcome to Boon Hill by Matthew Ritter — Kickstarter
  6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Dead Space? Prince of Persia? Assassins Creed? Well they have titles for Android.
  7. chillychili

chillychili New Member

Thanks guys, downloading a couple of those free RPGs. I'll download Yesterday as well, but first I gotta get a bigger memory card.
    I'll try out the free ones before buying a game.

Keep 'em coming!
  8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

The Room? It's not a very good one, but it has an ending AND it's not something where you need to get the highest score etc.
  9. umataro42

Here's another one with a good story.
    Tales of Illyria

It's not free, but it's currently on sale as an "early access" release and it's pretty fun, with good replay value.
  10. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

If you don't mind splurging a bit, final Fantasy 3 is a pretty good game with a good story to go with it.

I bought it recently and definitely having no complaints on my end with it.
  11. chillychili

chillychili New Member

Thanks guys, keep em coming! :)
  12. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

13. Zero Hunter

Zero Hunter Well-Known Member

Yeah... Final fantasy is a good one if you're a fan. It is pricey though, 16 dollars, but I believe it's worth it.
  14. nancy30

nancy30 Well-Known Member

yes ac is a good game but not on android i think
    Chaos Rings II
    Final Fantasy dimensions
    etc