Android Games?

Last Updated:

1. gdfella99

gdfella99 Member This Topic's Starter

I have been thinking since I got my Captivate and I was using my friends Iphone 4. I prefered the camptivate when I used it in the store in comparison but both are very good Smart Phones. Anyways Iphone games are better and i think its because they only have one phone to develop it for and its a fairly high end phone.

My question to you is will there be any games coming out that are higher end that only work on like The Droid X, Galaxy S and higher end Android phones to really take advantage of the top end droid phones. My friend has some junk LG android that could no way run the quality of apps and games that our phones are capable of. Are these lower android phones holding us back?

Advertisement
  2. weeber

weeber Member

I just read an interesting blog on this: link
    Who knows if it's really a conspiracy or not. The other issue is that AT&T apparently does not let you install apps from outside the market. So you have to buy these games outside of the market (from Gameloft directly) and use a sideloader to get them installed.

3. getDange

getDange Well-Known Member

LAVA BALL (stupid game) works on high end phones only, Captivate included. Asphalt 3D looks nice on the Captivate. Robo Defense is nice quality (but not THAT exciting graphically), be warned though it is very addictive.
    Tank 3D is a port of an old game - works nicely in 3D.
    Angry Birds is coming to Android soon.

4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

I hope we get fruit ninja

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

I would love love love some higher-end games that really make use of the graphics and horsepower of this device.

I love fantasy-based adventures. Give me something like Zelda, but designed for Android (yes, I know of Zenonia, but the graphics are poor and low-res).

As fun as it is, it's kind of sad that Robo Defense is the best game for Android...

6. noc

noc Well-Known Member

I want TapMania for android :s

Speedx 3D is sorta fun, which is on both android and iphone (under a diff name). It's basically a 3D tunnel that you're flying through, and you tilt the phone to try to avoid crashing into stuff.

7. Vissionary

Vissionary Active Member

I want plant vs zombies, angry birds, orbital and peggle for my captivate.

8. t-readyroc

t-readyroc Well-Known Member

Another vote for Asphalt 5 & for another high-end hardware-taxing game, check out Skies of Glory.

9. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

Until last year the iPhone was really the only viable platform for most commercial developers. Now with multitudes of equally capable superphones running Android, and with a 500%+ growth year over year, the developers are bound to take notice soon. Sony is claiming to be ready this year to release their Playstation phone, and with their gaming expertise on our side of the fence, the future looks very bright for time wasting choices. We also have the added benefit of Google not putting shackles on the third party apps on Android. This is more like the early days of Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows. The more open and widely spread platform won over the long run, despite the initial Mac push into GUI based apps, I think history is about to repeat itself.

10. thindery

thindery Well-Known Member

Until we get the higher end games. You can stick it to your iPhone friends and play your favorite games from way back in the day. I got snesoid lite and play mario kart and donkey kong all day long. I love showing my iPhone friends with their looks of envy.

"how'd you get that"
    "i just downloaded it from my market, isn't it in your app store?"
    "no, it's not there. I can download a farting app though :("

11. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Angry birds!!!!!!!!!

12. qwertyaas

qwertyaas Well-Known Member

13. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

I swear to god this game is the only reason I haven't sold my iPhone yet lol.

14. yahoowizard

yahoowizard Well-Known Member

Haha, I'm going to get a Captivate tomorrow (hopefully), and my hesitation during the beginning was that there was going to be no Angry Birds. I mean, come on, after you finished the first three books, can't just give it up...Now there's a fourth one too