• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

gdfella99

Lurker
Aug 22, 2010
ct
I have been thinking since I got my Captivate and I was using my friends Iphone 4. I prefered the camptivate when I used it in the store in comparison but both are very good Smart Phones. Anyways Iphone games are better and i think its because they only have one phone to develop it for and its a fairly high end phone.

My question to you is will there be any games coming out that are higher end that only work on like The Droid X, Galaxy S and higher end Android phones to really take advantage of the top end droid phones. My friend has some junk LG android that could no way run the quality of apps and games that our phones are capable of. Are these lower android phones holding us back?

I have been thinking since I got my Captivate and I was using my friends Iphone 4. I prefered the camptivate when I used it in the store in comparison but both are very good Smart Phones. Anyways Iphone games are better and i think its because they only have one phone to develop it for and its a fairly high end phone.

My question to you is will there be any games coming out that are higher end that only work on like The Droid X, Galaxy S and higher end Android phones to really take advantage of the top end droid phones. My friend has some junk LG android that could no way run the quality of apps and games that our phones are capable of. Are these lower android phones holding us back?

I just read an interesting blog on this: link
Who knows if it's really a conspiracy or not. The other issue is that AT&T apparently does not let you install apps from outside the market. So you have to buy these games outside of the market (from Gameloft directly) and use a sideloader to get them installed.

Upvote 0
LAVA BALL (stupid game) works on high end phones only, Captivate included. Asphalt 3D looks nice on the Captivate. Robo Defense is nice quality (but not THAT exciting graphically), be warned though it is very addictive.
Tank 3D is a port of an old game - works nicely in 3D.
Angry Birds is coming to Android soon.

Upvote 0
Until last year the iPhone was really the only viable platform for most commercial developers. Now with multitudes of equally capable superphones running Android, and with a 500%+ growth year over year, the developers are bound to take notice soon. Sony is claiming to be ready this year to release their Playstation phone, and with their gaming expertise on our side of the fence, the future looks very bright for time wasting choices. We also have the added benefit of Google not putting shackles on the third party apps on Android. This is more like the early days of Apple Macintosh and Microsoft Windows. The more open and widely spread platform won over the long run, despite the initial Mac push into GUI based apps, I think history is about to repeat itself.

Upvote 0
Until we get the higher end games. You can stick it to your iPhone friends and play your favorite games from way back in the day. I got snesoid lite and play mario kart and donkey kong all day long. I love showing my iPhone friends with their looks of envy.

"how'd you get that"
"i just downloaded it from my market, isn't it in your app store?"
"no, it's not there. I can download a farting app though :("

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones