android gurusSupport

Last Updated:

1. nims

nims Member This Topic's Starter

Hello people.

Ive had this question on my mind for a while but i always forget to post it. Is there any way, that we can put a lock on our sms application so that no one could access it unless they input a code or use a pattern or something? also with pics, is this doable? or are our texts and pictures open to whoever gets their hands on our beloved g1?:(

Advertisement
  2. punkzanyj

punkzanyj Well-Known Member

Not entirely true on the smudges. Are those smudges portrait or landscape smudges? Which direction are they going? And what person likes looking at a smudged screen? I wipe mine off all the time, and try not to use my phone with dirty hands.

3. nims

nims Member This Topic's Starter

well i have that covered, but the issue on hand is when someone for example asks you for your phone to make a call..youre willingly giving them your phone ( friend, cousin, etc) and as so, the code doesnt apply, because they are going to be dialing, so isnt there a lock for the inbox? simple phones have that..i remember my motorolla and the samsung, allowed passwords for just about everything..so you could use my phone and make calls, but you cant acess my pictures or messages. i figured if simple phones have that, why not android. if not, well this sucks. someone should make a security app that provides that. id pay for it up to 10 bucks. seriously.

4. hackaholic

hackaholic Member

I agree, the security on the phone is very odd. They should really include other methods like a touch screen numeric pad, the gesture thing is kind of funky and ineffective because anyone seeing you do it a few times can easily remember it and of course the smudging.