• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android guy on screen

ScriptTease

Dec 14, 2009
New to the site and proud new owner of the Hero. I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. If I am speaking to someone on the phone and I do not have a picture of them pinned to their contact information then I guess by default it puts up the android guy. Is there a way to change this to something else?

New to the site and proud new owner of the Hero. I searched but couldn't find what I was looking for. If I am speaking to someone on the phone and I do not have a picture of them pinned to their contact information then I guess by default it puts up the android guy. Is there a way to change this to something else?

Hello Scriptease :)

You are correct in thinking it is the Default pic when you don't have a custom image. It's not because your handset is Rooted....

It may be possible to change it but that will require ROOTing and following certain steps. I unfortunately don't know these steps but hopefully someone else who passes this thread does and offers you some assistance

Carl

Upvote 0
Thanks Carl, I guess I will just start snapping pics of those in my contact list. I am also curious to know if there is anyone out there who makes wallpapers. I work for FedEx and would like to get a FedEx background. Nothing major just match the colors and use the standard fedex logo. I think it would look cool if the logo was more like a watermark rather than full color.

Upvote 0
Google Fedex logo Find one thats at least 320x480, download it.
Go to wallpaper in settings, find it on your SD card, apply, done.

Here's one,

fedex-logo-illusion.jpg

Use your usb cable to transfer whatever from your puter to your SD card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones