Android Has Signal IssuesSupport

Last Updated:

1. zero11235

zero11235 New Member

I have recently purchased my first Android (Galaxy s2 skyrocket) and I've been having problems with my call signal.

When I go to work every morning, I have to ride the train for about an hour which goes into a tunnel for about 30 minutes. When I reach my destination and come out from the train station (which is underground), my phone claims to have signal and data but I can not make any calls, can't text, cant use the internet until I shut my phone down and turn it back on.

Also, when I talk to people on the phone, they tell me that my voice gets super quiet sometimes and I know its not me because I never had that problem with my old phone.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums, zero!

I'm going to move this to the skyrocket sub forums in hopes that a fellow owner can help you out. Maybe they have a few tips for you.
  3. zero11235

zero11235 New Member

Thank you. I hope somebody is able to help me soon.
  4. redrider67

redrider67 Well-Known Member

Instead of shutting it down,try turning on airplane mode for a few seconds then off works for me when I go thru a tunnel by the airport.
    zero11235 likes this.
  5. zero11235

zero11235 New Member

Thanks, I will try it but are you living in NYC? We have no reception in tunnels here at any point.
  6. redrider67

redrider67 Well-Known Member

No near St. Louis, when I go thru the tunnel and come out phone has signal but won't do anything until I turn on airplane mode then off it allows it to find signal again. Faster than turning it off and waiting for it to boot up again.