Android!!! HELLO (seinfeld ref.)

Last Updated:

1. Fujee

Fujee New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys, just registered. Big forum guy, go on car forums bicycle forums, spend most of my life on reddit... that kinda thing

So yea I'm really into the android platform and google in general. Not a huge modding guy. I mean i used to be heavy into comps when i was much younger, ****ed aroudn with linux a bunch. But lately i just like to use em, and not get really into coding and doing all that.

I do use ubuntu, have a mac, which im not really fond of these days. but whatever

Ok so i have a G1. Have till may of next year on the contract. I really like it, but its prettttyyy slow. But it does everythgin i need it to. Just wish Tmobile was a bit faster.

I havent rooted it yet, but I want to. I need to read up fully on it cuz i dont want to screw it up. I CANNOT afford any new phone at this point. So im super cautious.

But i cant wait to cop a new phone.

I dooo really want a physical keyboard. But ive been thinking lately that maybe I should just get a touch screen and learn and get used to it. Seems like thats the future. And theres swype and all these new super predictive scripts to make it insaley easier.

What Im really looking at is the nexus one. I ahve a feeling that it'll be going strong for a long time. Gets updates before anyone else. I feel that the hardware will stand the test of time for a while. Seems like phones arent going to get any better for some time in terms of processors. The next step is a dual core, or a 2ghz, and tahts some time off.

Im interested in the new Samsungs. But what reaaallllltyyy worries me is the UI, i hear people saying both things, that one CAN turn it off, or that you cant, UNLESSS you root it.

IF! there is a feature in the phone, in the settings to simply turn it off then Im sold. IF i have to root it then im not. I like to keep things stock. I like how the nexus one is all stock, bare bones android.

Sooo yea. Hope i learn a great deal on this forum, hope to talk to some great people and have a good time.

Oh yea my names Vlad
    I

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

On behalf of the Android Forums team, I would like to warmly welcome you!

3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Welcome!