Android Home Freeze

Last Updated:

1. DroidSean

DroidSean Active Member This Topic's Starter

I started rooting on SPRecovery with Nandroid and all was lovely, then I decided to start using ROM Manager. After the first time I got the repeating M start up. I then flashed it back to stock and got all of my stuff back. My only problem is that now the Android Home crashes anytime it starts, though Launcher Pro is fine and working awesomely. I also can't bring up recovery, it shows the phone with the gigantic "!" over it. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

sounds like you went back to a non-root rom ... try opening rom manager and flash the newest clockwork if you get denied permissions you will need to re-root.

3. DroidSean

Since I can't go to open to recovery, would flashing a rooted image correct the home crashing problem? Doing the last resort reset in RSLite seems to be what caused the problem. :\

4. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

when you flashed back to stock you got the stock recovery back. You have to reroot if you want a custom recovery again.

5. DroidSean

I'll root it again this weekend. I was just trying to find out what could have caused the stock Android Home to meltdown. It is totally unusable right now, so would that change once I flash the rooted image?

6. gnath9

gnath9 Well-Known Member

yes it will .... I had a friend that un-rooted by mistake once and they also had all kinds of wierd things happening.

7. DroidSean

Thanks for the help guys. I think what I did to cause it was to backup and bring in apps from the backup that weren't found in market. When I get to my computer I'll re-root. I guess it pays to do some searching.