Android Honeycomb 3.0 on VegaGeneral

1. Curralonso

Curralonso New Member

Hi,

I have recenty purchased an Advent Vega and just wanted some guidance on trying to upgrade the operating system from Android 2.2 to Honeycomb 3.0. I usually go for Windows or iOS but thought I'd try something different.

I'm not sure if there is an official release yet and if there isn't does anybody know when there will be one available? If it's some time away is there an unofficial version that I can get hold of?

Many thanks,

Dave

Advertisement
    :
  2. joners

joners New Member

Hi,

Don't think that ever will be an official release of honeycomb for the vega. If I remember there is something to say that any existing 1.x 2.x tablets won't get support for it. Although their are some very very early attempts being made at the modaco website. There are early alpha builds and not daily runners.

Your best bet would be to wait for honeycomb to go asop then wait for the cyanogenmod build to be released. Cyanogenmod will have full support for the vega from version 7.1 onwards.

Thanks,

Jon
  3. Curralonso

Curralonso New Member

Cheers Jon - you answered my question perfectly! There is a alpha release on the modaco website but I think i'll just wait for cyanogenmod final.

Thanks again!

Dave
  4. Nighthawk4

Nighthawk4 Well-Known Member

I have the Beta Vegacomb ROM 1.6 on my Vega. Seems fine so far :)