Android Hulu (plus) app?

Last Updated:

1. jay2o01

jay2o01 Member This Topic's Starter

looks like i devices and gaming consoles are getting hulu (for $10/ month). Any chance Android gets a native app? Froyo will bring flash, but will it still require workarounds (like the debug one used for the nexus) that potentially will get blocked later on?

I saw the press release and noticed there was a mobile platform (or two) that wasn't mentioned as being supported.

Advertisement
  2. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

No, idea. Google better get a hold of the OS or we're going to die from fragmentation.
    I think a lot of the big boys are scared to develop for fear that some carriers custom launcher wont work with their app.

3. drksilenc

drksilenc Well-Known Member

fragmentation? its just as fragmented as ios is right now the hulu app will only work for 3gs and g4 iphones and the ipad. if they made a hulu app the only phones it wouldnt work on are the sub 2.0 phones

4. Agent Jones

Agent Jones Well-Known Member

just get a sling box....works better than hulu!!!

5. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

Paying for Hulu is a waste of time.

RoboMonkey likes this.
  6. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

hmmm idk about this, if the hulu website would work that would be good, but 10 for hulu is stupid

RoboMonkey likes this.
  7. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

$10 for hulu is fail...

8. Covert_Death

i know, they already make money off of ads and commercials.... nowwwww if the 10 was for commercial free watching i would do that, but i guarantee it's not.

9. bluehaze013

bluehaze013 Well-Known Member

10 bucks a month for Hulu? That is ridiculous LOL Get a Slingbox solo and the Android Slingplayer for 180 bucks and use it forever without a monthly fee.

10. vokilos

vokilos Active Member

The ten is for access to full seasons of shows, plus 720p streaming. I wonder if it will still have commercials. Its not a bad deal, at least for people like me who don't bother with cable. Also, not like regular hulu is going anywhere.

Sent from my kickass EVO using tapatalk.

11. RoboMonkey

RoboMonkey Well-Known Member

12. bossxii

bossxii Well-Known Member

The 10/mo is for unlimited back episodes of shows, once it launches (the app) people can still watch the last few episodes for free just as people do now on their computers.

Again, a $10 fee based on adding value to the already free Hulu service and people can't read or seem to understand what the fee is for. The list the items in the Plus package, access to ALL previous episodes of TV shows, as in every season, every show... HD streams, while not stated, I would guess 720p since 480p is already standard.

If you don't care about full seasons, past season or 720p streams, no reason to pay 10/month, if you enjoy watching past seasons or want to stream 720p you pay the fee to access it. Don't really see the issue, everyone still has a choice of paying or not. Freaking out because you either don't understand what the fee is about is just another example of lemmings making comments on crap they don't fully read the details about.

Hulu has stated up front, in very clear plain english how it works and what the fee is for.

13. apristel

apristel Member

14. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

Hulu - Plus

So you already have a really expensive data plan with our phones and the Iphone and Hulu wants you to pay??? :eek: I'll stick with my Evo and Netflix!

15. teky

teky Well-Known Member

Heh...even paying that premium price, they still force you to watch commercials too. They can skip android/EVO as far as I'm concerned. I'm sensing an imminent fail here.

16. Covert_Death

agreed, just open the website for use on moblile damnit, the desktop is nice for PC's but im NOT paying a fee to watch commercials

17. berardi1111

berardi1111 Well-Known Member

18. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

Yea I think they priced it too high. At $4.99 maybe there's some value for the additional content. On the hopeful side, I hope this means they will unrestrict devices from accessing the free site.

19. edlex

edlex Well-Known Member

20. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

tv.com app works just fine, and there is plenty to watch for free..

21. vindico pallens

vindico pallens Active Member

The tv.com app doesn't have full episodes. Well they have some soap operas. Haha!

22. Edricflo

Edricflo Well-Known Member

Honestly, I rather watch Hulu and Netflix on a computer or TV. Phones are just too small, even the Evo. But phones are perfect for clips and vids like youtube!

23. Braaainz

Braaainz Well-Known Member

So, not only would new iPhone owners have to worry about. Going over their data caps with the streaming vids, but they also have to pay $10 a month for the vids too?

Still loving my Evo!

24. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Concur, and with streaming likely I would have access to my laptop. I mean it would be cool from time to time but if I am watching video on the phone its sideloaded and I am on a plane/train etc.

25. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

I only watch stuff on it when I am waiting to pick up my wife or kids from somewhere, or have 10 or 20 minutes to waste..who actually sits down and watches full episodes of ANYTHING on a 4 inch screen????????