• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Ice Cream Sandwich rooted or not?

Hi everyone, I had Mach Speed XTreme Tablet 7" Android Ice Cream Sandwich, I do not know if it is rooted or not, people told me to use Root Check, I download it and when I checked and it said "Congratulation the device has root access", is my device is already rooted, if it is rooted but I did not see SuperUser Icon on my tablet, anyone knows the answer for this, please give me a clear information about it, thank you very much.

Happy holiday and Merry Christmas to you all

My D2 pad was pre-rooted but also lacked the superuser Icon. Superuser itself installed but failed to grant permissions so I ended up installing SuperSU instead. It asked me to update the SU binary so I did and it works fine. Some ICS devices (Emerson/polaroid) don't even need a superuser app which confused me but it granted root without somehow.

You cannot brick a device with a superuser app--it will either work or fail.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
My D2 pad was pre-rooted but also lacked the superuser Icon. Superuser itself installed but failed to grant permissions so I ended up installing SuperSU instead. It asked me to update the SU binary so I did and it works fine. Some ICS devices (Emerson/polaroid) don't even need a superuser app which confused me but it granted root without somehow.

You cannot brick a device with a superuser app--it will either work or fail.

Thanks for replied, I will try to download SuperSU, see what happens?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones