Android Icons - Not saving.?

Last Updated:

1. Ducky1974

Ducky1974 Member This Topic's Starter

Rather than spam the 'homescreen' thread I thought I'd post this in a new one. Just installed the Android icons as seen in the HS thread, and have changed them with Folderexplorer no problems, except for the 'messages' one, it pops up as the android and then changes back to the original one after a second or two :confused: Have changed the apps/camera/e-mail ones fine and they stay like that.

Anyone else had this, almost like the system doesn't want you to overwrite the original?

thx
    :)

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

I had this problem when I tried to change the messages icon. I got it to work eventually by adding to the homescreen as a widget rather than a shortcut:

Long press homescreen / select widgets / FolderOrganizer item / apps / messages

Using this method also allows you to choose to have the text underneath the icon or not.

3. Ducky1974

Ducky1974 Member This Topic's Starter

Yup that's done it thanks, didn't realise you could widget the Folderexplorer also! :D

4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

FolderOrganiser doesn't show as a widget for me, so I get the same problem with no fix. Do you need the paid version

5. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

Look for something called "FolderOrganizer Item/Label" - whichever one you want to use. It's both under shortcuts and widgets.

Tim

6. SUroot

Yeah theyre both under shortcuts (but messages changes back immediately) but theres nothing under widgets. Am I missing a setting in folderorganiser somewhere perhaps?

7. nacatomi

nacatomi Well-Known Member

Ive just set the Ads Version up today and I definitely have FolderOrganizer Item when adding widgets to the homescreen using the method SnowMobile said. Did't change any settings in folderorganiser, just swapped the icon in the Apps section. I've managed to change the mail icon to the one out of the droid icons pack.

8. SUroot

Yep, I swapped all my icons that way and by placing shortcuts. maybe I need to reinstall.

That didnt work either. Must be something to do with the rom im running

9. SUroot

It's there after a reboot. Cheers all