Android in the passanger seat

Last Updated:

1. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest This Topic's Starter

I am curious if any car makers have thought about putting the Android OS into their car navigation systems. It would be awesome to have free map upgrades, phone syncing, apps, etc. right on you dashboard. They could even have head rests in the back seat with touch screens to control what they are doing in that screen. I wish their was some way to recommend this to Google or find out if they have ever looked at offering their platform to car makers.

What do you think?

2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    I'm betting that they don't want to have to support a newcomer like Android at this point in time -- especially since there's no telling how long Google will keep their nav app in beta given their track record. That will probably change as Android grows in popularity though (and as other nav options for Android come along).
  3. tdavis42

tdavis42 Guest This Topic's Starter

I am thinking more of having a fully functioning OS in the car that is the exact same as your cell phone. The nav. is just one small part. If you could get into your car and your phone would be on you dash wouldn't that be nice. They could talk to each other through BT or some communication means. I am not talking about a different phone in your car but having your cars heads up display have everything your phone has and dials out through you cell number.