• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Intercom

EadytownSC

Lurker
May 19, 2015
Is anybody familiar with this app? What I am looking for is an app that can be used hands free on a motorcycle communicating with passenger and when not conversing have music. I can not find info for this app as to do I need to have speakers that plug into earjack or bluetooth speakers. I do not want to buy bluetooth headset if it is going to interfere with bluetooth connection between the 2 cell phones. What would be nice is to be riding and listening to music then if either rider or passenger want to talk the intercom would over ride the music. Will this app do that? I currently have just installed this app on my LGL86C and I am waiting on wifey to come home with her LG but also wanted her to pickup speakers if I could figure out what kind.
Thanks in advance, Cecil

PS: any options you can think of that would apply are welcomed other than those motorcycle helmet kits that everyone says are terrible with no support or parts.

Being a biker myself I've always heard good things about Autocom units for pillion to driver comms. ... http://autocom.co.uk/ ... Relatively expensive but for good reason apparently. Not tried any myself though ....

You could try BT headsets each and use 'OK Google' to dial the wife when you want to talk to her? You'll have to get noise cancelling microphones though, or ride behind a fairing.

Dave

Upvote 0
Being a biker myself I've always heard good things about Autocom units for pillion to driver comms. ... http://autocom.co.uk/ ... Relatively expensive but for good reason apparently. Not tried any myself though ....

You could try BT headsets each and use 'OK Google' to dial the wife when you want to talk to her? You'll have to get noise cancelling microphones though, or ride behind a fairing.

Dave

Thank you for replying. I installed the Android Intercom app on both LG phones and it works great. 1 problem I had was pairing the 2 phones in bluetooth because they both kept generating a different passkey and would not pair up. But the App also lets you connect 2 cells via wifi so that is what I ended up doing. Once the 2 phones are on their own wifi network I used bluetooth to the headsets (LG Tone Pro) which are nice because they clamp around your neck and the controls for talking are on the left side and music controls on the right side. The only problem which I believe is in the head set when press microphone button it says give call command ( it is looking for you to make a call instead of intercom) then it says call ended then you talk all you want thru intercom even while music is playing. So far headset is very clear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones