Android internet question, need help....Support

Last Updated:

1. canyouhearmenow

canyouhearmenow Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to android but I was just wondering......... I was doing a search for a baseball video on my laptop and I have norton internet security downloaded and so anytime I do a search the websites that come up in the search will have a color next to them green means the site is good, yellow means be cautious and red means the site has known viruses.

Anyways, after my search for the baseball video a couple sites came up red so I was wondering if I were to go on those same sites on my evo would I also get the viruses or can you not get viruses or anything on an android phone?

Advertisement
  2. iboombastic

iboombastic Well-Known Member

I don't think there are viruses for Android phones but I could be wrong. Whats wrong with this video of yours.

3. canyouhearmenow

canyouhearmenow Active Member This Topic's Starter

nothing I did a google search on my windows laptop and the results that show up some sites had known viruses so obviously im not going to click on them but it made me wonder if i were to do that search on my evo i would have no idea those same sites had any problems.

4. Snow Gator

Snow Gator Member

5. eyeballer

eyeballer Well-Known Member

There will always be viruses.. but for the time being most viruses are written for windows, so browsing on Android you're less likely to run into virus issues. There are some Android antivirus apps you could run if you're still concerned.