Android is difficult to learn an use - no manual

Last Updated:

1. lbodine

lbodine New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I've owned cell phones and PDAs since they first came out and find the Android the most difficult to learn and use. If Motorola and Google were people, they should be shot, run over and burned for selling a product that comes with no instructions.

Even the beleaguered clerks at the Verizon stores have told me what they've learned is from customer complaints, and they've devised solutions on trial and error.

I should have kept using my reliable Treo 755. I hope to learn and contribute knowledge on getting this overhyped device to actually do what it the ads say it can do.

Larry Bodine

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

3. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

You're doing it wrong, then. Android is perfectly intuitive and easy to use.

4. xxTJxx

xxTJxx Member

as pyromancer said, your doing it wrong. I think android was extremly easy to learn how to use and ive not really had any problems with the OS itself. I could say that you "lack the technical expertise" but the truth is that Android doesnt require any expertise.

Go android :)

5. DroidSuks

DroidSuks Well-Known Member

I was where you are now.... hence my user name.. ;)

But now.... I'm a believer. :rolleyes:

6. HumanContract

HumanContract Well-Known Member

I think android is awesome, it's easily the most customizable phone and if you read forums like this one and put it in a little time to get familiar with your phone, I'm sure you'll fall in love like the rest of us.

Just give it a few days and discover all the options!

7. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)

8. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

You mean something like this?

Motorola Droid User Guide

or

Motorola Droid User Guide: PDF Uncovered | Android Phone Fans

Somehow I severely doubt your phone came with no manual or instructions whatsoever.

I also severely doubt that you couldn't use a Google search to find any help, because you certainly could use the computer well enough to hop on this forum and whine like a spoiled princess.

The link above will get you to the Verizon manual for the Motorola Droid. If you have any really tangible problems, post them.

I'll let you in on a little secret, in every aspect of modern day technology, product documentation is sorely lacking. Almost everything that is technological on the market would require a manual as thick as a phonebook to describe all aspects of all features. Not one company out there (Apple, Palm, Microsoft, Google) releases comprehensive product documentation.

For example, I owned a Palm Pre for six months before I found a 340+ page user guide on the Internet that showed me a way to reset the phone without pulling the battery out.

These forums can really help if you give them time and can remain calm enough to post problems instead of rants.

Good Luck,
    Mike

9. Bill Hallahan

Bill Hallahan New Member

You seem a little harsh. Ease up a bit on him. We are all trying to learn Android including me. Bill

10. allambition

allambition Well-Known Member

He was pretty harsh towards Android, I suppose it is a backlash for berating the choice of their phone operating system. But there is manuals for Android - here is the latest Android 2.3 manual in PDF format

11. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

Maybe things have changed with the Android OS since the original post. I'm only on day two with my first ever smartphone (LG Optimus C) and am absolutely loving it. Completely intuitive for me. I've only opened the manual three or four times so far. Next to dealing with Windows on a PC this is a cakewalk! :D

Joe

12. zer0snap

zer0snap Active Member

This is why I love Android, it's the experimentation of it all. Finding apps, tips and tricks from all the various sites and fellow users (i.e.: holding the home button to see last used apps) It's the g33k in me I guess but that's why I like Android.

z.

KENNECTED and Turbojoe like this.
  13. Turbojoe

Turbojoe Well-Known Member

Just tried it. That's a very cool tip. Thanks!

Joe