Android is the best Mobile OS according to Wall Street Journal poll!!!

Last Updated:

1. Mezmryz03

Mezmryz03 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The little OS that could is stealing some serious mind share from Apple and BB. Check read link.

Read

Advertisement
  2. Tamasabian

Tamasabian Well-Known Member

I don't know if a poll is indicative of what is the "best" but it appears that we are using the most popular OS as of right now. I think that trend will continue as long as Google is around. I know I love my Droid!:)

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

I have pretty much all major platforms, except for WebOS.

Blackberry phones, iPhones (2G & 3GS), Win Mobile 6.5 phone, Palm (legacy), Android. I agree, Android is the best by far, imho.

4. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

All I can say is

duhhhhh...

:)

IndivisibleP likes this.
  5. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Meh. Popular != best. WSJ should know better.

6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

7. alextop30

alextop30 Well-Known Member

I think that all of the systems have something good in them but some more than others.

RIM is a very good business phone without being remotely good for the amount of multimedia that we require. The email integration is great but that is not the sole thing that we are searching now a days .

Apple - even though I hate them and Steve Jobs I will give the apprehend on simplicity and reliable interface. Let's not forget that the iPhone in many ways paved the way for the best of the Android phones. I have always found that Unix was closed which is what they did win he iPhone. This does not provide the best of support so that bugs can be fixed fast and it crates stupid exclusivity whig also restricts sales of thw iPhone to a single operator in the US .

Android has come a long way. It has become the preferred system due to its open nature and the integration of flash and orbs concepta which are clearly missing on the iPhone. The interface is a lot more customizeble which makes it a little bit more complex. I believe that Google is far from being done with the android platform but they are making some great things happen.

I personally am a computer and phone nerd so I prefer a system with customization and other bells and whistles. It is up to the consumer to choose their preference after all.

8. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

there is something wrong with this poll!

how is Microsoft higher than Apple?
    how is Palm so low?

9. jon2jon

jon2jon New Member

exactly what I was thinking, doesn't make sense

10. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Actually it makes perfect sense... this is merely an popularity poll. All this is telling us is that the two largest groups of individuals who've seen and voted are been Android and WinMo supporters.