• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Issues with Pioneer HeadUnit

Branksta

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
Is there any app or something that will allow me to control my music via the galaxy tablet as opposed to no control at all.. What i mean by this is, when i connect the tablet to the USB on the headunit, the headunit thinks ive plugged in a thumb drive and just starts playing music, therefore i am only able to control music via headunit and can't use the tablet for this, otherwise if i press play on the tablet, a separate song will play simultaneously... HOWEVER, i have connected my friends ipad to the headunit and it automatically let me control the songs via both headunit and ipad...

Tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Headunit is Pioneer MVH-X565BT

Pull down your notification window, access settings, and search your settings for "USB" and you should find some options. I'm going to guess one of two solutions will work:
  • Change your Storage/Connection option to Media device. There's a good chance that you've got Mass Storage Mode selected by default in which case your car would be operating how intended. Adjust the USB Storage mode and see if it works.
  • Newer Samsung devices and compatible vehicles allow you to connect with MirrorLink. I've not tried this and am not sure about the Galaxy Tab 2 and/or Pioneer headunit mentioned, but if you see the option is definitely worth a try.
Please report back and let us know how it goes!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones