Android & iTunes compatibility question

1. willzz

willzz New Member

Hey there,

After losing my iPhone 4 recently I decided to get my hands on an android phone.

I got a htc desire S and am liking it so far. One thing that is bugging me is how to integrate it with iTunes.
    I am using a macbook with itunes on it to manage a music lib of about 80gb.

Currently what I am doing is plugging the phone in, setting it to disk mode and then dragging and dropping folders from the iTunes music directory on to the SD card /Music directory. This works fine but is slow and clunky when compared to how itunes does it with an iPhone.

So is there anyway to drag a whole album folder, in itunes, into the /music directory on the SD card. Currently it only allows you to drag all the tracks over, so I have to make the directory manually where the album tracks will go. For example, say I have a 3 U2 albums, and I want to transfer them using the drag and drop method via itunes, I have to first create the relevant folder "U2" on the SD card, then sub dirs for the 3 albums, then drag and drop the tracks into the relevant folder.....

This is slow....anyone know of a way of getting music on to the phone, using a mac, that maintains directory structure and is fast??

Cheers in advance..

Advertisement
    :
  2. KENNECTED

KENNECTED Well-Known Member

There are several music apps in the Play Store. I use Google Music, which sync your music in the cloud, so you have no physical files on your device. I'm sure others will have other suggestions, DoubleTwist being one.
  3. iTzKPanda

iTzKPanda AF's resident panda

iSyncr is nice and easy to use but it costs $2-$3.