• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Android Keyboard Antics

Greetings,

I've recently become an Android fanboi after playing around with all flavors of phones on the market. Unfortunately, I think the move away from physical keyboards was a mistake and am looking for the best soft keyboard to fit my needs. I've been using SmartKeyboard Pro for a while and it is the best keyboard I have found for me due to its T9 setup (which is a requirement for me) and customization options (size, look, sound/vibrate, etc). However, this keyboard is kind of laggy and I have noticed some force close bugs on my CM10 flashed phone. I am simply wondering if anyone could suggest something that might be better. I have tried quite a few of the other T9 boards but am open to ALL suggestions. I have been searching around for about an hour and have not found one to replace it yet. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

Greetings,

I've recently become an Android fanboi after playing around with all flavors of phones on the market. Unfortunately, I think the move away from physical keyboards was a mistake and am looking for the best soft keyboard to fit my needs. I've been using SmartKeyboard Pro for a while and it is the best keyboard I have found for me due to its T9 setup (which is a requirement for me) and customization options (size, look, sound/vibrate, etc). However, this keyboard is kind of laggy and I have noticed some force close bugs on my CM10 flashed phone. I am simply wondering if anyone could suggest something that might be better. I have tried quite a few of the other T9 boards but am open to ALL suggestions. I have been searching around for about an hour and have not found one to replace it yet. Any suggestions?

Cheers.

T9 keyboards are a thing of the past these days. The keyboard dujour are the ones using some form of swiping gestures for input. There are many very good ones out there. Swype, SwiftKey Flow (beta) and Kii (beta) are all great.

I can't help you with T9 though. Sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones