Android Keyboard Capitalizes Random WordsSupport

Last Updated:

1. benjamindaines

benjamindaines Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else notices that when using the Android keyboard the predictive text will randomly capitalize words? Its kind of bugging me and I've rooted my phone, so is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

--Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. wunderhoo

wunderhoo New Member

This may not be the exact solution, but it should give you something to look at. When you tap the space bar twice, a period is automatically inserted after the last word you typed or selected, and the next word will be capitalized automatically, as it then becomes a new sentence. When you select one of the suggested words in text prediction by tapping it, the keyboard AUTOMATICALLY inserts one tap for the next word. If you have the habit of tapping the space bar between words, and have selected one of the suggested words, you are in effect tapping the space bar twice, and the next word will be capitalized. I found that I was inadvertently doing this and that the same thing you are describing happened to me. So try not to tap the space bar when selecting one of the suggested words. Remember that the keyboard is automatically going to insert one space when you select the word. If you tap the space bar again, the next word will be capitalized. I hope this is what was happening with you

3. kburgess

kburgess Member

I have the same problem and that's not the solution. When it auto corrects words it picks "You" instead of "you" when its in the middle of a sentence no matter how many times you push the space bar. There is no way to save it differently from what I can find. I really hope somebody has some insight on this because its driving me insane!