Android keyboard in 2.1 only suggests proper namesGeneral

Last Updated:

1. guannyeuc

guannyeuc New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I just updated my x10 yesterday and realized that my android only suggests proper names that appear in my contact list or in the Android database. I've started to add the words I type one by one... but I don't plan in adding the whole dictionary... =_= can someone pls help me with this??? Greatly appreciated! :( thx

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a great deal you can do, and wouldn't surprise me if most keyboards already contain the entire dictionary lol, so you'll just have to add words as and when it doesn't recognise a word you're trying to enter.

3. Timmay

Timmay Member

I'm having a problem with this too.
    Before with 1.6 it would suggest or predict what i want to type 99% of the time...and these are simple words.
    And to make it even worse, the words that it does suggest are mostly names of people in my contact list.

For example, before with 1.6...lets say i wanna type in "Hello"...once i got to H-e-l... it'll suggest hello.
    But now for 2.1 it won't even do that...instead it'll suggest my friend Henry or Helen.
    Not even simple words tha would make sense like Hell...or something like that.

It won't correct my spelling mistakes like before either...
    If i typed "Annoyid" ...before it would suggest "Annoyed"...now it does nothing... wtf!

4. WitchMX

WitchMX Member

I had to turn off the word prediction because I sent a couple of messages full of nonsense.

5. Timmay

Timmay Member

Yah i have it off too...but usually it would still suggest words that are actually words and not names from my contact list.
    And when it did suggest words before, it made sense...

6. somuchwater

somuchwater New Member

This is now starting to drive me a little nuts.

Is there a way to download a dictionary?

I'm assuming this is just a mistake by SE, right? It seems they simply forgot to put the English dictionary in the new update.

7. mrspecialized

mrspecialized Member

I had this problem too but once I put the HTC keyboard on and used it all instead of the stock ones, this problem ended with me and the prediction was alot better. More consistent with my old iPhone. Plus I like skinning it to suit my tastes. Look on this forum how to install it.

8. pajeriksson

pajeriksson New Member

I have the exact same problem. Get word suggestions from the adressbook only. Quite useless. Anyone have a solution? Is there a HTC keyboard for the Xperia X10?

9. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

10. pajeriksson

pajeriksson New Member

Many thanks rosered, it worked!