• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Android keyboard not working - HELP!

sweetchip

Lurker
Nov 7, 2011
I run CM9. My Touchpad keeps giving me "Unfortunately, Android keyboard has stopped."! It happened right after I did a nightly update. I can't do anything with it, since so much requires the keyboard. The notices pops up on every page, anytime I do anything. Do you know a fix???
I'm a newbie, so I'll need instructions. :(

Nightly update? You installed a nightly build of CM9?

Easiest fix would be to restore the backup you made in recovery. You did create a backup, right? :D

Option "B" would be to install another keyboard from Play Store, which you can do from your computer. The Hacker Keyboard is good, otherwise I like the Swiftkey, but that isn't free.

the problem is I need to sign in to my google account on the tablet to be able to send an app to it, but I have no keyboard. this is a tough one. thanks so much for your help! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones