Android Keyboard?Support

Last Updated:

1. frishmans92

frishmans92 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well, i have BetterKeyboard installed, but on occasion I will look at it and then suddenly "Android Keyboard will be checked." why on earth is this? it's almost as if BetterKeyboard is slowed down because of it...

What sort of fixes can I have?

Advertisement
  2. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

What do you mean by,"android keyboard will be checked?"

3. frishmans92

Alright, on Language and Keyboard, I normally only have "BetterKeyboard checked." However, after like 10 minutes, "Android Keyboard" will also be checked, without me doing anything.

And because they're both checked it seems like the BetterKeyboard slows down too much/lags.

4. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

in the keyboard settings the android keyboard has a check mark ...as in it is the one you want to use...when you have BetterKeyboard you uncheck it and check BetterKeyboard...I've been getting the same kind of problem but i haven't noticed a difference in performance

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

I noticed that Better Keyboard was oddly laggy. My Android keyboard was checked in settings too. Since I realized how much better the stock keyboard is after 2.0.1 though, I don't even use BK anymore. I'm not sure there's really a way around this bug, it seems to be checked by the OS for some reason.

6. frishmans92

You honestly haven't? It seems almost as if I am getting some sort of slowdown because my phone doesn't know what to choose. Haha. Also, Betterkeyboard is SO much bigger, haha. not too sure if I like it better.

7. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

pretty much the only reasons why i like BK is because its bigger and because the auto-correct is 100x's better and doesn't try and put peoples names in before a real word.

8. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Now that you mention it DR0ID, the stock keyboard thought I wanted to say "Let the Giuseppe scan finish" instead of "Let the virus scan finish" today. I don't even have any contacts named Giuseppe.

9. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

I've noticed it will put names from my contacts and even facebook even if they aren't in my phonebook...i sent a text to my girlfriend...i forget what i said but it had auto-corrected one of the words to another girls name and the way the sentence came out it..lets just say i had some explaining to do.

10. frishmans92

Like, I love the look of the stock keyboard, but Betterkeyboard has such a better AutoCorrect. So torn as to what to use.

11. DR0ID

DR0ID Well-Known Member

sounds like someone needs to just make a betterkeyboard theme that is the stock droid keyboard

12. frishmans92

I'm just so torn, BetterKeyboard still does that nonsense, and it will randomly close. Haha, there is a theme for "AndroidKeyboard" that looks pretty dang close, it's just not perfect just yet.

I wish there was a way via rooting that you could improve the keyboard.

13. deftdrummer

deftdrummer Well-Known Member

Stock Android keyboard in portrait mode is useless about 50% of the time.

14. frishmans92

Well, it's still doing it. Ideas?